HELLO DEAR GEORGIA,
I ENJOY YOU SO MUCH!, YOU ARE ARE SO WITTY & FULL OF SPUNK THAT I MUST WRITE TO YOU, EVEN THOUGH I AM BROKE & UNABLE TO CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR EFFORTS TO LIFT THE SORT OF SOULS OF THE LIKES OF ME....
WHEN I AM DOWN I HAPPEN UPON YOU THAT I WONDER IF IT IS BY ACCIDENT OR BY SOME OTHER MEANS THAT YOU LIFT ME TO CONTINUE ANOTHER DAY...
I DO NOT KNOW THE LESSON THAT IS TO BE EXTRACTED FROM THESE.....
BUT I QUESTION WHY I HAPPENED UPON YOU...
PERHAPS I AM TALKING TO A COMPUTER THAT WILL ANSWER JUST AS I NEED TO HEAR BUT, I AM DOING IT REGARDLESS
THANKS NONE THE LESS FROM ALL THE LOST & CONFUSED SOULS LIKE ME.!!!
Thanks for your note. I am glad you enjoy my writing.
But ya know? - it's easy to assume others are happy; when in fact, we all feel inadequate, fearful, nervous, lonely, overwhelmed by life and at a loss at times dealing with others.
If money was the answer - then wealthy people would be happy. But we know this is not the case, right?
Furthermore, only about 1% of the world owns computers. You are literate and communicating to me via the Internet. This put you in a wealthy, advantaged tiny minority of the world population!
Having said this, I don't mean it imply that just because others are worse off - you have to tap dance and break out with "I'm singing in the raaain." What I am saying is it's easy to forget what we have to be grateful for - until we lose it.
I live on an island where the power can go out a lot in the winter. My water comes from my well and depends on a pump. When the power goes out - I have no water, no flushing toilet etc. Agghh!
Today -- did I appreciate the water to flush the toilet or make tea? Nope.
Will I be grateful for it tomorrow? Nope.
Will I be grateful the first time the power comes on this winter after it's been off - and there's been no water and electricity? Yup. For maybe 10 minutes.
A wise teacher once said the most important meditation we can do daily is appreciation.
I constantly try to remind myself how fortunate I am. And hey - we're alive - even that is something. Because life is short - and fat.
Please don't be discouraged. You are an intelligent, educated, human being. Considering how many life forms there are on this planet - you're on top of the heap!!
This is often sent around on the Internet and it is an eye-opener:
- If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
- If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.